Stem cells have the ability to both create new stem cells as well as divide and create other specialized cells. This is known as regeneration and differentiation. This ability to differentiate into different types of cells is unique to stem cells. This means that they have specialized properties, such as disease study, drug testing and regenerative medicine. At San Angel Dental Group, Dr. Luis Moran has been certified in California to provide services in regenerative medicine to improve Dental treatment and other conditions related with the face that will also benefit the rest of the body.
Regenerative medicine repairs damaged or diseased tissue. With the help of specialists, stem cells can be guided into growing into specific types of cells. There are two types of stem cells found in cord blood (located in the placenta and umbilical cord); these are hematopoietic stem cells (HSCs) and mesenchymal stromal cells (MSCs). HSCs can create every blood cell type, while MSCs create bone, cartilage, fat, bone marrow and muscle tissue cells. During stem cell therapy, these cells can be used to prevent infection, prevent inflammation, encourage cell growth and help with wound recovery.
Our office uses premium cellular products to complete your treatment, including:
- Invitra CBSC™ — This tissue come from the blood located in the umbilical cord. It contains a wide range of stem cells with the ability to release growth factors, develop specialized cells and self-renew.
- Invitra WJ-C™ — This tissue comes from Warton’s jelly, which makes up much of tissue of the umbilical cord. This tissue is made of structural proteins and components and contains growth factors, cytokines and chemokines.
- Invitra AT™ — This product comes from the acellular part of amniotic tissue. This tissue contains anti-bacterial, anti-virus and anti-inflammatory properties as well as help promote an immune response.
Our dentist can use stem cells to treat a variety of dental diseases and well as help surgical sites heal. Patients who suffer from periodontal or gum disease, inflammation or trigeminal neuralgia (chronic pain disorders) can benefit from this therapy.
Learn more about the benefits of stem cell therapy in Buena Park and Anaheim California
For more information on stem cell treatment, read through the publications linked below:
- Review of Cord Blood Stem Cells by the National Institutes of Health (August 2013)
- Statement by the U.S. Food and Drug Association (November 2017
- Update by the U.S. Food and Drug Association on Cord Blood Stem Cells (December 2017)
- Parent’s Guide to Cord Blood Stem Cells